Consortium Account Manager
We are currently hiring inside Account Managers for the Staples Business Delivery Telesales team. This full-time position offers a competitive compensation package including weekly base pay, monthly bonuses based on individual results, medical and dental benefits, 401(K) with matching contributions, employee stock purchase program, and short term disability and life insurance.
The Staples Account Management Program focuses on retaining and developing above average Staples Business Delivery and Staples Retail customers. Monthly contacts range from sales calls focusing on differing products and categories to service escalation calls. The Account Manager is wholly responsible for the satisfaction, growth and development of his/her account base of approximately 1000 accounts.
- Manage the sales growth and customer development for approximately 1000 Staples Business Delivery and Staples Retail accounts
- Grow average sales per account managed across investment categories such as, Ink & Toner, Paper, Furniture, Cleaning & Breakroom, Custom Printed products, etc.
- Utilize internal resources to overcome obstacles
- Discover and analyze prospects needs, determine which features/benefits of Staples will appeal the most to the customer and present those features/benefits to the customer
- Create a sense of satisfaction as related to purchasing with Staples based on offers presented
- Meet or exceed productivity requirements
- Collect marketing intelligence and customer data as required
- Leverage marketing dollars used throughout Staples, Inc. to proactively sell Staples products
- Generate sales dollars for Staples Business Delivery and Staples Retail Stores
- Appropriately channel leads for Staples Contract Division
- Promote the Staples Easy Brand Promise through delivering upon Sales Excellence
- Respond to Sales Coaching delivered by his/her Team Manager and/or Sales Coach
- Collaborate in his/her individual development with Team Manager
- Exhibit positive work habits as related to schedule adherence, daily production and interaction with the sales team
- Attend required skills training and applies knowledge learned during the training
- Attend regularly scheduled team meetings and participate in those meetings
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Office product knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to set and adjust priorities based on activity
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with little supervision
- Demonstrated strong sales skills
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Exceptional decision making skills are necessary
- Proficient personal computer (PC) skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.