The Manager Financial Planning & Analysis
manages the business performance management process for Financial
include analysis and strategy for financial shared services measurement of key
KPI’s, annual business plan, monthly forecasts for spending, cash flow and key
operating metrics. There will be frequent and regular communication with cross
functional departments. Role will be an
advisor and work with management team to drive business insights, facilitate
change and improvement throughout the operation. This position will be a key
member of the shared services management team and report to the Vice President of
Financial Services & Systems (FSS).
- Planning, modeling and analysis
for Financial Services function
- Perform review of monthly results
and produce an executive level summary with commentary for FSS
- Forecast the monthly cost center
operating expenses, AR, cash flow and balance sheet estimates.
- Oversee, coordinate and administer
the annual budget process throughout FSS including labor and expense planning
and allocation models
- Communicate related strategy, concepts
efficiently and effectively to a senior executive audience.
- Adapt to shifting priorities while
maintaining focus on the broader business.
- Ensure all business unit requests
for financial information, questions and ad-hoc issues are handled in a timely,
- Maintain an understanding of
Finance concepts, methods, standards, principles, and technology; make sound
decisions and recommendations based on that understanding.
- Apply a comprehensive knowledge of
current and evolving best practices and industry trends.
- Manage the operational performance
management process including monthly operational reporting, financial forecasts
& budget management.
- Manage team and work to address
talent management, resource planning, etc. Select and hire employees for the core
- Provide support, training,
mentoring, and development to staff on an ongoing basis to ensure the
department performs at a maximum level.
- Guide and influence people,
processes, and resources to support the best interest of the business.
- Build trusting relationships with
business leaders and partners.
- Responsible for proactively
preventing problems as well as addressing and independently guiding problem
- Bachelor's degree in business
administration, accounting, finance, or related field
- 5-7 years of progressive finance
- At least 3 years of progressive management experience
- Experience synthesizing complex
results into communicable insights
- Experience working with generally
accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Ability to travel ~10-15%
- MBA or master’s degree in a
- Strong interpersonal skills for
interacting with accountants, clients, and upper management
- Strong analytical and problem
- Advanced presentation skills for
educating internal clients on accounting principles and presenting to Executive
- Exceptional planning and
organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Experience working within a large
- Experience working in a shared services
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.