This role supports the category merchant within the US Retail technology businesses. Its objective is to help manage product sales, margin, inventory, and all the important components of the business. It involves research, ad hoc financial planning and analysis, promo planning, POG layouts, SKU set-up/maintenance and vendor management.
In order to be successful in this role, the ideal candidate would possess a desire to learn new ideas/concepts on a daily basis, have an ability to work independently as well as cross functionally with many teams both internally and externally, have strong math aptitude, excellent organization skills, and be capable of performing flawlessly in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactively manage the SKU and Vendor set-up and maintenance process
- Manage the department ad matrix, keeping updated and accurate on a weekly basis
- Communicate new information to Planners and Inventory Analysts
- With direction from the Merchant and/or Director DMM, conduct market research, gather industry data, track trends, themes, and competitive shopping to assist with item selection
- Keep ad matrixes organized and updated
- Ad hoc reports and analysis as needed
- Collect and organize product information from vendors
- Obtain vendor product samples for Buyers and Lab and assist with POG set-up
- Manage samples/displays through approval process
- Retrieve/source ad hoc financial data and reports, conduct weekly review of ad results distribute to Buyers and Planners Assist Planners on post-season recaps
- Process RTVs, price changes, price protection, coupons/rebates, and markdowns resolve heat tickets/store calls
- Execute and communicate product disposition process
- Maintain promo and ad databases with all information/changes for pricing, markdowns, etc.; images, circulars, ad copy etc.
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Minimum 1 year prior work experience in retail preferred
· Demonstrated organizational skills
· Financial / Analytical experience required
· Ability to work independently
· Technology experience a plus
· High energy
· Excellent multi-tasker
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.