Perform manual and system tasks to support inbound and outbound furniture operations. Identify and resolve issues in various functional areas; put away, staging, loading, and shipping. Supports and assembles “make ready” furniture to support efficient warehouse processing and maximize warehouse space usage. Assist in providing work direction and training to Furniture I Associates. Perform work under the direction of warehouse supervisor or manager.
Primary Responsibilities: (in order of importance; other duties may be assigned)
· Provide work direction in assigned area while performing the same tasks as those directing
· Train less experienced Furniture Associates in assigned area on proper methods and procedures
· Perform the following processes to support inbound and outbound furniture operations generated from Central Furniture System (CFS)
o Receive vendor purchase orders, regular lines, special orders, or customer returns
o Perform inventory counts and location lookups
o Follow processes to report common daily discrepancies or issues (i.e., shortages, damage) to supervisor or order management
o Monitor and ensures CFS task completion within shift
o Pick and stage outbound orders as necessary on day shift
o Perform a variety of lookups and research to support functional areas
o Communicate non-routine CFS system issues to Application Support and/or management
· Perform the following non-system inbound and outbound tasks.
o Separate and label product received, stocks product into identified locations verifying SKU and quantity accuracy
o Assemble make-ready furniture and stages for delivery
o Coordinate with Furniture Sales Support to resolve items received that are not on purchase order
o Complete Receiving Discrepancy Tickets when vendor shipment is inaccurate. Informs Furniture Sales Support and Accounts Payable
o Pick and stock product to complete replenishment tasks
o Pick product for customer orders ensuring quantity and unit-of-measure (UOM) picked is equal to quantity and UOM ordered
o Check SKU and quantities picked for customer orders to ensure accuracy, and re-packages or wraps orders as needed
o Sort and load customer orders by route and delivery order
o May schedule vendor shipments
· Participate in all scheduled physical inventories
· Perform basic housekeeping in assigned areas of warehouse
· Adhere to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties
- Minimum twelve (12) months related experience in a warehouse environment required or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education and experience
- Proficient in warehouse operations
- Ability to lift, push or pull boxes/merchandise weighing between 70 pounds and 100 pounds
- Ability to become certified in the operation of material handling equipment
- Must have good math, writing and reading skills
- Basic personal computer (PC) skills in Windows environment
- Detail-oriented and proven problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment
- Able to listen to verbal instructions
- Ability to recognize process improvement opportunities and make recommendations
- Demonstrated good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to read and follow directions
- Must be a team player
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- CFS knowledge desired
- Furniture product knowledge desired
- Prior experience operating material handling equipment, such as forklift, pallet jack and cherry picker preferred
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift, push or pull boxes/merchandise between 70 pounds and 100 pounds. With mechanical assistance, employee will occasionally move up to 300 pounds. Regularly operate warehouse equipment that requires manual dexterity and use of lightweight tools requiring some coordinated movements. Activities include using a forklift or pallet jack to move furniture; and lightweight tools to assemble furniture.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work in a warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly operates warehouse equipment and lightweight tools. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Staples Supply Chain and Logistics is recognized as one of the top supply chain organizations within North America. With an extensive fulfillment and delivery network providing services for three main business units, we are able to deliver customer orders next day to 98% of the U.S. population, not to mention or Distribution Centers supporting our Retail Stores. Our 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America continue to “make more happen” through the integration of people, process and technology. We sell more than 2 million SKUs and are continually adding more products for our customers. We continue to invest in our people, capabilities and technology to deliver “Every product our customers need, when they want it, where they want and how they want it.” Without a doubt, our Supply Chain differentiates us from our emerging competitors.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.