One of the top initiatives for Staples in 2017 & beyond is to rapidly grow & retain their Small & Midmarket Business customers. The Pricing Project Manager will play an important role in further defining the pricing strategy for this channel.
The Pricing Project Manager resides on a team within NAD Pricing who owns the Dotcom pricing strategy. This is not an IT Project Manager position. This associate must be a highly analytical thinker, data miner & expert problem solver. The Pricing Project Manager is collaborative, highly organized, balances multiple projects, and easily adapts to a fast-paced environment where priorities often shift.
• Perform research, analysis, and data mining services to assist business leaders in making decisions related to the effectiveness and financial impact of price strategy changes.
• Develop methodology and reports that provide insight into the Small and MidMarket business, and recommend scalable plans & solutions that improve selling profits & shape demand.
• Design, implement, and track customer specific and/or business unit profitability plans.
• Manage strategic pricing projects for the NAD division and assist with major corporate initiatives.
• Develop processes, procedures, and validation methods that ensure accuracy & consistency when retrieving & compiling data from multiple resources.
• Lead strategy sessions with the relevant team members to develop pricing plans to retain customers and optimize sales. Develop specific offers that blend assortments, prices and deliver expected business results.
• Recommend scalable solutions based on deep understanding of system functionality & limitations.
• Recommend potential system enhancements to meet the changing needs to the business.
• Assist Management with training and onboarding of new associates
• Bachelor’s Degree required (concentration in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or a directly related field desirable)
• Minimum 4-6 years previous work experience required (2-4 years’ related experience in B2B distribution environment or eCommerce work desirable)
• Experience with Tableau
• Excellent statistical software skills including SAS, R, SQL and Alteryx
• Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Access/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
• Excellent communication skills (in English), both oral and written
• Proven analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated understanding of financial levers related to pricing
• Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment – adaptability
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task a must
• Previous contract pricing experience in a B2B model or eCommerce pricing experience preferred
• CPP welcome
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.