Business Development Representative
Conduct outbound cold calling to prospects in accordance with the program strategy. Solicit sales opportunities from each contact. Manage calling day to take advantage of best time to contact “cold” prospects, call backs, etc. Consistently represent Staples in a positive and professional manner. Collect marketing intelligence and customer data as required. Utilize internal resources to overcome obstacles. Meet or exceed productivity requirements. Use creative prospecting skills to differentiate your call to the prospect. Conduct acquisition and share of wallet interactions to identify and secure incremental Copy & Print opportunities for Staples Inc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet or exceed productivity requirements. Stay within margin guidelines for all volume requests outside the established pricing – margin guidelines will be provided, though manipulation of margin is acceptable.
• Provide bids and quotes to customers as needed. Follow defined procedures and processes, and complete all required documentation for customers, as well as entries to support system(s).
• Provide feedback to merchandising and marketing community to enhance the customer experience with the catalog and internet selling tools.
• Collaborate with internal resources including Copy & Print Manager, General Manager, DCS Team, Affinity and Source Express teams, Senior Manager, Marketing partners, and Team Manager to drive a positive customer experience and customer loyalty.
• Discover and analyze prospects needs, determine which features/benefits of Staples will appeal the most to the customer and present those features/benefits to the customer.
• Exceptional decision making skills are necessary to resolve customer inquiries in a timely manner by leveraging appropriate resources and promoting Staples as a total solution.
• Collect marketing intelligence and customer data as required.
• Generate sales dollars for Staples Retail Stores and Staples.com.
• Respond to Sales Coaching delivered by his/her Team Manager and/or Sales Coach.
• Promote the Staples Easy Brand Promise through delivering upon Sales Excellence.
• Attend required skills training and applies knowledge learned during the training.
• Make outbound calls to assign prospect contacts.
• Handle all callback or inbound calls.
• Promote developing a Staples customer, not a “one-time” shopper. Qualifications
Job Knowledge/Experience Required:
• Demonstrates strong product knowledge of the Custom Print.
• Solid organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi-task related to product offerings, competing customer requests and documentation needs.
• Thrive in fast-paced and changing environment.
• Utilize internal resources to overcome obstacles.
• Strong organization, time management, and decision making skills are necessary.
• Must have worked in an environment where a sales goal was present. Ability to produce results on a day-to-day basis.
• Customer service oriented with strong communication skills.
• Fluent/comprehensive knowledge of custom print products and services.
• Solid computer literacy needed of Custom Print software, Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Publisher and Photoshop.
• Knowledge of Staples order entry systems (AS400) and Salesforce CRM too is a plus.
• Proven Staples .com Sales experience is a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills with highly developed skills in verbal and written communication
• Ability to work independently and creatively.
• Exhibit positive work habits as related to schedule adherence, daily production and interaction with the sales team.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.