Interior Designer II (La Mirada)
*** INTERIOR DESIGNER ROLE AT NATION’S LARGEST CONTRACT FURNITURE DEALER***
Design @ Workplace Studio by Staples
Workplace Studio by Staples provides comprehensive design and furniture solutions for clients of all sizes & sectors of business. Our team of professionals consults with customers to understand their specific business objectives and creates furniture solutions tailored to meet those needs. We know that it takes teamwork, trust, creativity and skill to develop projects from concept to completion. Our sales professionals, interior designers, project managers, and furniture sales support associates are the best in the business. This role has a solid design foundation with several years of experience in working with clients on detail driven projects. The Designer will have a grasp of the nuances and specific skillsets found in workplace design and contract furniture and be comfortable applying them to their produced designs.
Learn more at www.staplesadvantage.com
About the Role
As an Interior Designer on our team, you can look forward to a fast-paced, complex and rewarding team environment. You will unlock your creative freedom and deliver thoughtful, design-centric solutions. You’ll be engaged in our most complex projects from beginning to end, as you are the consultant to our clients. You’ll share your design expertise, trend knowledge, project vision and product recommendations that will bring success to your projects.
Our Design Team provides you with:
- A Design Community where you will participate, share and learn from 70+ Designers located around the country
- A flexible schedule and work style that supports your needs
- Tools & Onboarding support to ensure your success
- A focus on product & application insight, consultative design skills, & team-selling culture
- Investment in you through a robust NCIDQ Reimbursement plan
- Involvement in Industry Events, CEU’s, & Design Tradeshows
- A place to be heard; We welcome fresh new ideas to stay ahead of the curve
- Pride. As a Global leader in sustainability, Staples is committed to helping protect the environment.
You will provide us with:
- Excellent needs analysis & consultative leadership skills that ascertain client requirements
- Clear understanding and articulation of project scope, deliverables, and timelines required
- Robust furniture application & interiors product knowledge
- Ability to educate clients on current workplace trends, colors and use of finishes
- Ability to develop and effectively present concepts and ideas that address the work flow, user needs, brand identity and mood of the work space.
- Development of space studies, block plans, and furniture typicals
- Ability to coordinate and develop necessary working documents that transform concept into a refined, polished product
- Laser focused dedication to both teamwork and client service
- Bachelor's Degree/Associate's Degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- 4 - 6 years industry experience (may be a combination of education and work experience in design and furniture industry)
- Specific functional knowledge of the principles and theories of interior design profession
- Proficiency in AutoCad 2014
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.