Principal Software Engineer
Staples Global Technology
Staples Technology team drives our business by developing the latest technologies to connect cutting-edge online, mobile, and retail experiences, and define the next generation of Staples. Our Global Technology team strategically influences all parts of our business from Marketing and Merchandising, Retail and Online, Supply Chain and Order Management, Infrastructure, Enterprise Data Solutions, Security, Privacy, and Compliance, to Tech Portfolio and Corporate Systems.
Global Technology is at the core of our business generating nearly $10 billion in online revenue alone. This allows us to invest heavily in industry leading platforms and tools that enable our teams to be successful and drive us to new levels as an online destination. Our mission is to deliver innovative, highly differentiated, simple-to-use solutions that generate increased value for our customers and the enterprise.
A job in GT will inspire you to challenge yourself, take risks, and raise the bar on your career!
About the Role
As a Principal Software engineer, candidate will be part of the Enterprise Customer Data Marketing, Solutions and Engineering team. We are looking for an outstanding individual who will work with both the business and technical teams to support and maintain existing systems as well as provide innovative solutions for future.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proven object oriented design abilities, solid understanding of software engineering framework, architecture and solution design methodology, tools and processes
- Hands on experience in developing Java, J2EE, and SOAP over HTTP, SOAP, and REST based web services.
- Hands on experience in RDBMS (DB2 & Oracle), NoSQL DB (preferably Couchbase).
- Experience working on Application servers (WebSphere/WebLogic/Apache Tomcat).
- Writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL for in large databases
- Agile methodologies, source code management, issue tracking and change management systems.
- Strong leadership skills and extensive experience in mentoring associates and contractors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related discipline
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 5+ years’ work experience in Java with Oracle/DB2
- 5+ years’ experience in high volume databases with Experience in SQL, database programming and utilities
- Experience in SQL, database programming and utilities
- Micro Services
- Experience with Java EE and SOA
- Big Data Stack & Technology
- Master’s degree with equivalent work experience
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.