Maintenance Tech III / FT 12:00 PM - 8:30 PM, Mon - Fri / La Mirada, CA
Conveyors, electrical motors, material handling equipment, skill saws, propane torch, man-lift, hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, grinders, electrical test equipment, ladders.
• Perform preventative and spontaneous maintenance on lift equipment jacks, chargers, and batteries
• Perform preventative and spontaneous maintenance on conveyors
• Perform general building maintenance including overhead doors, construction repair, roll carts, floor repair and second level gates, doors, etc. Performs light plumbing maintenance on occasion
• Perform various carpentry assignments as needed
• Ability to work at heights
• Use personal vehicle to pick up parts and equipment
• Regular attendance
• Work as a team member by interacting and communicating with fellow associates in a cooperative, constructive manner
• Relay directions from supervisor to junior technicians and assistants
• Use initiative to ensure efficient assignments of junior technicians/assistants to projects/tasks
• Order needed repair parts for equipment with supervisor’s approval
• Work safely and in accordance with Staples safety policies
Education: Electrical Certification schooling
Minimum two (2) years of related experience
Must be a certified electrician with a C-10 license current license
Must be knowledgeable in PLC logic using Allen Bradley
Must have Raymond/Crown MHE experience
· Work at heights up to 60 feet using motorized lifts
· Work in hot environment of approximately 95 degrees F in upper levels during summer months.
· Work in cold environment of approximately 10 degrees F outside during winter months.
· Exposure to fumes from welding.
· Exposure to dust from grinding.
· Exposure to vibration from power tools.
· Exposure to hot surfaces after welding.
· Battery Acid
· Cleaning Solvents
Staples Supply Chain and Logistics is recognized as one of the top supply chain organizations within North America. With an extensive fulfillment and delivery network providing services for three main business units, we are able to deliver customer orders next day to 98% of the U.S. population, not to mention or Distribution Centers supporting our Retail Stores. Our 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America continue to “make more happen” through the integration of people, process and technology. We sell more than 2 million SKUs and are continually adding more products for our customers. We continue to invest in our people, capabilities and technology to deliver “Every product our customers need, when they want it, where they want and how they want it.” Without a doubt, our Supply Chain differentiates us from our emerging competitors.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.