Senior Backend Software Engineer - eComm
Are you ready to build something big and exciting? Do you want to be part of a winning team that builds the best transactional website? Staples is the building next generation e-commerce application platform using open source technologies that can scale to handle high traffic, and adjust quickly to changing content and behavior.
We are looking for a well-rounded senior backend software engineer with a proven track record of delivering quality, well-designed code. The ideal candidate will have excellent coding skills, test-driven-development and object-oriented design experience. Solid computer science fundamentals are essential.
We take pride in providing a safe learning environment with a focus on excellence in delivery and innovation.
- Work in an agile environment and participate in conceptualizing and implementing platform features for our global web properties.
- Work with engineers and other cross functional teams such as Product Management, Release Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering and Quality Assurance teams.
- Develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Develop industry and product technical expertise by following and championing development best practices
- Find and help fix bugs and stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
- Support site rollouts and be available to resolve site issues
- 3-5 years of backend software development lifecycle experience including the ability to perform independent analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience on Java & Spring
- 2 years of experience with Oracle
- 2 years of experience with JPA/Hibernate
- 2 years of experience using a distributed version control system such as GIT
- Proficiency in design patterns.
- Experience developing large-scale 24/7 eCommerce and/or websites.
- Experience working in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Experience working with all aspects of test automation automating testing of APIs is a big plus
- Experience to with Agile /Scrum methodology
- Familiarity with software development best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, test automation, and operations.
- Quality Assurance methodologies
- Exposure to continuous integration/delivery/ deployment
- Experience working with 3rd party partners
- Experience working directly with non-IT business partners
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.