Associate Manager, eComm Business Development
An Associate Manager is a key member of the business development team, supporting new business partnerships, focused on sales growth, customer acquisition, innovation, and customer experience for the eCommerce division of Staples. This critical position will support the Sr. Manager of business development with GTM programs, work closely with external partners and other internal teams to identify & evaluate opportunities, drive execution, and support reporting and analytics.
§ Assist Sr. Manager with the management of Finder Tool programs across all business units including, but not limited to the flow of the Finder Tool Program (i.e. approvals, creative, and reporting) & day to day maintenance to achieve business objectives and goals
§ Identify, rollout and maintain Finder Tools across Staples business units in support of the overall Finder Tool strategy
§ Assist with the management of Shop Runner programs including, but not limited to customer acquisition campaigns (i.e. approvals, creative, and reporting) & day to day maintenance to achieve business objectives and goals
§ Identify & rollout new program, products, or process efforts across Staples Business Units in support of the overall Shop Runner strategy.
§ Become and internal & external advocate for all Business Development Initiatives. Build relationships across the company, actively communicating progress and overall program impact
§ Collaborate with internal stakeholders to evaluate new vendors and deliver new & optimized program
§ Help create, define & prioritize program opportunities for each business development program, including sales/margin goals
o Furniture UX enhancement via visualization
o Finder Tools
o Purchase on Google
§ Work with IT and vendors to manage implementation and troubleshoot technical issues, operational and/or customer issues on an on-going basis
§ Drive reporting and analytics efforts, including ongoing communications of the program and vendor performance
o Optimization of business development initiatives through analytics and site testing
o Deliver on-going reporting on all initiatives
o Identification & prioritization of incremental opportunities
o Working with the Site testing team, define & determine most effective media placements to maximize all business development initiatives
§ Perform continuous benchmarking of Finder Tools, ShopRunner Program and other manages business development initiatives across leading ecommerce sites to identify new opportunities and trends.
· Bachelor’s degree in Ecommerce, Marketing, Finance, Business Administration, or Operations
- Minimum 2+years project or product management experience
- Strong teamwork skills and proven ability to partner across an organization to get stuff done.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for working with external partners and growing businesses.
- Strong analytic skills and data-driven approach.
- Exceptional detail orientation, project management, and follow-through.
- Ability to operate in fast paced, rapidly evolving environment.
· Overall, a highly driven, results-orientated, creative, intellectually curious, problem solver who enjoys working with partners.
- Experience in e-commerce & user experience, including business development, project management
- Experience developing and implementing go-to-market strategies for project optimization
- Ability to lead tactically as well as strategically
- Successful track record leading complex projects and delivering results within matrix
- Ability to research, quantify and analyze business opportunities using variety of data sources (i.e. internet, trade publications, financial statements, industry conference, professional network)