Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior software engineer, you will be part of the Data Warehouse team and will be a key contributor to Data Warehouse projects that involve designing and tuning ETL processes, Data Cleansing, Data Aggregation and Business Intelligence reporting.
Develop and/or enhance automated software tools and scripts to measure and improve software development quality and productivity.
- Integrates with existing tools and databases
- Meets with business partners to understand and translate business requirements into well-designed and documented software components based on Data Warehouse technologies
- Follows a standard development process and creates standard documentation
- Responsible for recommending and facilitating short term architecture decisions, when needed and longer term implications to the overall architecture.
- Engage with development leads, network, security, and application owners to assist with trouble-shooting, ensuring adherence to standards, security considerations and integration considerations.
- Utilizes available open source tools whenever possible
- Provides post-implementation support
- 3+ years of RDBMS architecture experience.
- 3-5 years development experience with Oracle SQL/PL-SQL
- 3-5 years development experience with Unix/Linux Shell scripting
- 1-2 years development experience with SSIS
- Database design and dimensional modeling skills
- Strong concepts of ETL process and data warehousing best practices
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience with working in Windows and Linux environments
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Highly self-motivated and able to learn new things quickly
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good debugging and performance tuning skills
- Experience with Big Data/Hadoop
- Experience with standard software development lifecycles a plus
- Experience with Agile / Scrum framework a plus
- Knowledge of reporting tools like Business Objects
Minimum educational requirements -Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Minimum prior related work experience typically required: 3-5 yearsJob Location: Lincolnshire, IL
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.