Staples’ being the #3 online business in sales within North America is the most innovative destination for businesses and consumers to buy what they want across the channel of their preference. Staples key business units include Staples.com, Staples Business Advantage, and Quill. Through its world-class online, retail and delivery capabilities, Staples lets customers shop however and whenever they want, whether it’s in-store, online or on mobile devices. Staples offer more products than ever, such as technology, facilities and breakroom supplies, furniture, safety supplies, medical supplies, and copy and print services. Headquartered outside of Boston, Staples operates throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. More information about Staples (SPLS) is available at www.staples.com.
In support of our Corporate Strategy, Staples is making aggressive investments to push Staples eCommerce business to the new levels through innovation led product management. eCommerce Product Management is the new destination of Staples and the canvas for our strategy. The Product Manager, Digital Conversations will join a growing Global eCommerce team tasked with planning, managing and operating the Staples North American businesses.
The Staples Easy System is a AI powered cloud based eco-system that enables our customers to interact with Staples on any device, any platform, and through more natural conversational interfaces. - chat, email, voice, text, image. It is a leap forward in user experience, when interacting with Staples. The Easy System also helps internal teams leverage AI/ML capabilities to drive organizational efficiences.
The Product Manager for the Staples Easy System team will play an integral roll on a highly visible product. This individual will primarily be responsible for helping develop and manage the product life cycle. Job responsibilities will including helping define the product strategy, requirements gathering, competitor analysis, feature scoping, product roll-out, reporting, optimization & continuous innovation. Specific product focus areas may include:
• Artificial Intelligence tools, frameworks, strategies
• Machine Learning tools, frameworks, strategies
• AI backed bot models
• User Experience Design
• User Interface Design
The Product Manager will utilize available data, insights, customer research and feedbacl to make informed decisions about product roadmaps and prioritization.
Given the highly visible and cross-channel nature of this role, a successful individual must possess a unique combination of strategic thinking, passion, and curiosity for technology. Strong verbal and leadership skills are a must.
- Help define product strategy, roadmap, and delivery
- Analysis of internal & external customer needs
- Assessment of build vs. partner options with 3rd parties including the industry trends
- Closely work with Staples Global Technology, marketing and various cross-functional teams to deliver, and manage the product lifecycle
- Focus on product performance, data insights, optimization and continuous innovation
- Help define key performance indicators for each product/tool/capability
- Track and report on the benefits/impact after go-live
- Energetic, passionate, and inspired leadership
- An active networker partnering with cross-functional teams across Staples
- Regularly, impactful communication of progress and impact
- Develop processes to listen, learn and incorporate customer feedback in products Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- AI, Machine Learning, Voice Interface knowledge preffered (curiosity a must)
- Min of 6-8 years’ experience in at-least one of the following areas:
- Product management
- eCommerce strategy
- Data science/analytics
- Project management
- Experience partnering with technical teams to deliver results
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to break down complex problems and formulate plans
- Strong organizational skills
- Self starter
- Ability to collaborate broadly with flexible, positive attitude and ability to get results
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate to the senior executives
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.