Senior Developer - Ecommerce
Staples Business Advantage (SBA), Earth’s #1 leader in B2B eCommerce, is looking for Senior Developer who want to have immediate impact on our bottom line. Staples is much more than retail stores and staples.com.
Staples Business Advantage offers business services, products, and customized products to customers from < 10 person business all the way up to fortune 100 companies with 1-day and same day sales. We have outgrown our current platform and need your help to get us to the next level and beyond.
We’re looking for a well-rounded senior developer with a proven track record for delivering quality, well-designed code. The ideal candidate will have excellent coding skills (Java), technical skills, test-driven-development and object-oriented design experience. Solid computer science fundamentals are essential.
You will be working within the Staples Anything - NSP domain and one of your many opportunities will be improving the move out of WCS our NSP application. Early this year, Staples Business Advantage had moved to the Netflix Spring Stack.
• Act in the capacity of an eCommerce application developer to actively participate in the definition, design, development, testing, test automation support and implementation of software functionalities
• Estimate engineering automation effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
• Ensure that technical solutions follow best practices, are reliable and are easy to maintain
• Create and evolve application automation and documentation as required
• Work with engineers and other cross-functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Release Engineering, Quality Assurance, Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet eCommerce market needs.
• Mentor and guide junior team members
• Find and help fix bugs and stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
• Support site rollouts and be available to resolve site issues
• 3+ years of full software development lifecycle experience including the ability to perform independent analysis
• Bachelor degree with minimum 3 years in Computer Science or related field.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the attitude of automating the solution
• Strong time management and organization skills
• Ability to balance multiple priorities at a given time
• Excellent verbal and written communications, ability to establish effective working relationships with team members and cross functional teams
• Self-driven, able to work independently or within a team setting
• Experience developing large-scale 24/7 eCommerce and/or websites.
• Experience working in an innovative and fast-paced environment
• Experience working with all aspects of test automation is a big plus
• Exposure to the fundamentals of responsive application design
• Experience working with open source.
• Experience with Agile methodology
• Familiarity with software development best practices include including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, test automation, and operations.
• Exposure to working in a retail industry
• Exposure to continuous integration/delivery/deployment
• Experience working directly with non-IT business partners
The preceding Job Description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.