Are you ready to build something big and exciting? Do you want to be part of a winning team that builds the best transactional website? Staples is building next generation e-commerce application platform using open source technologies that scale to handle double the traffic year-over-year, and adjust quickly to changing content and behavior.
We’re looking for a well-rounded senior front end software engineer with a proven track record for delivering quality, well-designed code. The ideal candidate will have excellent coding skills, test-driven-development and object-oriented design experience. Solid computer science fundamentals are essential.
- Act in the capacity of an eCommerce application software engineer to actively participate in the definition, design, development, testing, test automation support and implementation of software functionalities
- Estimate engineering automation effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- Ensure that technical solutions follow best practices, are reliable, are easily maintainable and are executable easily
- Create and evolve application automation and documentation as required
- Work with engineers and other cross-functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Release Engineering, Quality Assurance, Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet eCommerce market needs.
- Find and help fix bugs and stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
- Support site rollouts and be available to resolve site issues
- 3-5 years of full front end software development lifecycle experience including the ability to perform independent analysis
- Experience developing responsive web applications
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the attitude of automating the solution
- Excellent team player who can drive a collaborative environment
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities at a given time
- Excellent verbal and written communications, ability to establish effective working relationships with team members and cross functional teams
- Self-driven, able to work independently or within a team setting
- Results oriented and adaptable
- Experience developing large-scale 24/7 eCommerce and/or websites. Experience working in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Experience working with all aspects of test automation automating testing of UI and API’s is a big plus
- Experience working with open source technologies.
- Exposure Experience to with Agile /Scrum methodology in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Familiarity with software development best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, test automation, and operations.
- Quality Assurance methodologies
- Exposure to continuous integration/delivery/ deployment
- Experience working with 3rd party partners
- Experience working directly with non-IT business partners
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.