Principal QA Engineer
Staples Global Technology
Staples Technology team drives our business by developing the latest technologies to connect cutting-edge online, mobile, and retail experiences, and define the next generation of Staples. Our Global Technology team strategically influences all parts of our business from Marketing and Merchandising, Retail and Online, Supply Chain and Order Management, Infrastructure, Enterprise Data Solutions, Security, Privacy, and Compliance, to Tech Portfolio and Corporate Systems.
Global Technology is at the core of our business generating nearly $10 billion in online revenue alone. This allows us to invest heavily in industry leading platforms and tools that enable our teams to be successful and drive us to new levels as an online destination. Our mission is to deliver innovative, highly differentiated, simple-to-use solutions that generate increased value for our customers and the enterprise.
A job in GT will inspire you to challenge yourself, take risks, and raise the bar on your career!
About the Role
This job offers the opportunity to define, develop and maintain our Quality Engineering Mobile Framework. In this role, you will join the best minds of Staples at Seattle Development center and you will help to establish technical standards and drive Staples engineering practices. Your expertise is deep and broad; you are hands on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs while being driven to engage with business problems and leaders to invent simple solutions with real-world application.
- Lead the design of our QE Framework, get your hands dirty and write code, lead by example and ultimately deploy successful enterprise-level systems that can be leveraged for a broad set of business use cases.
- Work effectively with product development and engineering teams across multiple geographies
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions that demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar technical field.
- 6+ years of experience doing hands-on software development in Java, Objective C/Swift or related technologies.
- 5+ years of QA Automation Testing.
- Experience of defining and managing tool frameworks.
- Experience building Automation Frameworks, TDD, Data Drive, Keyword, etc
- Experience in testing mobile web and mobile apps
- Experience with performing functional and regression testing in mobile web,website and backend APIs.
- Experience in documenting complex technical issues and bugs in a tool like Jira.
- String knowledge of current quality engineering and test automation tools and processes including Selenium Webdriver,page object mode,TestNG, etc
- Experience in mobile automation using Appium.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment, along with JIRA,Confluence,bitbucket and Git.
- Expericence with tools like charles proxy and Xcode.
- Experience in testing web service(REST,JSON and SOAP)
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience developing continuous integration and continuous deployment solutions
- Ability to influence and indirectly lead / provide thought leadership on subject matter specialism
Staples, Inc. is the world’s third largest internet retailer. We are a Fortune 500 company generating more than $23 billion is sales with operations in 25 counties offering world-class retail, online and delivery capabilities.
At the very core of Staples is an entrepreneurial spirit – we live and breathe the energy of an ever-changing, positive-thinking, fast-moving company. It’s our mission to make more happen for associates, local communities and even the planet — through programs, policies and the values we live by.