Digital Print - Press Operator 2nd Shift
Responsible to demonstrate a high degree of customer awareness while processing customer orders. Also this position ensures that printing and reproduction systems are operated at efficient levels in order to maximize profitability and maintain customer satisfaction by producing high quality services.
- Maximize productivity through effective job scheduling.
- Process customer orders in an efficient and accurate manner, paying close attention to detail and instructions.
- Maintain quality control standards by spot checking customer orders throughout processing.
- Maintain current operating knowledge of all Copy Centre equipment and machinery.
- Ensure that day to day basic maintenance is performed on all equipment (cleaning, stocking & upgrading).
- Respond to customer concerns/issues with regard to finished product.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Properly secures company funds.
- Ensures that wastes levels are kept to a minimal level and are properly recorded and accounted for , thus maximizing profitability.
- Follow all correct cash register operations, as well as maintaining SKU integrity when entering business services into the register.
- Follows proper production procedures when processing customer orders.
- Checks bulletin board for notices, information and Communiqué.
- Ensures customer order forms are completed and priced correctly.
- Complete any daily/weekly Copy Centre paperwork as assigned by manager that is used in monitoring production results.
- Maintains adequate supplies in order to operate equipment at peak efficiencies/minimize downtime, as well as maintains proper working condition and care of equipment thus ensuring associate safety.
- Provide exceptional customer service by ensuring the highest standards in production processes and quality control measures.
- Communicates to all customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provide excellent telephone etiquette while ensuring the adherence to company standards.
- Communicate with Copy Consultant on scheduling parameters.
- Ability to maintain and fix minor problems with machines in order to ensure production is not hindered and deadlines are met.
- Problems faced on the job tend to be routine or standard. Some decision making is required when dealing with complex orders. Some problems may need to be referred to a higher level.
- Required to plan, prioritize and co-ordinate daily workload and customer orders while maintaining the highest standards and meeting deadlines as promised.
- Communicates suggestions for improvements related to Copy Centre operations and production processes.
- It is preferred that the incumbent have three months to one year previous related experience.
- Previous Copy Centre experience is a definite asset.
- Successful completion of high school.
- The incumbent can be expected to be subject to moderate levels of dust, dirt and noise from machines.
- You will be exposed to moderately disagreeable levels of noise generated by the high-speed copiers.
- You are required to stand in a stationary position for periods of time not exceeding two consecutive hours. This would occur while working on various orders.
- Strain may occur when using a particular machine for extended periods of time, such as binding documents for a large order.
* Please note that candidates who wish to apply for the position will be requested to consent to having a criminal background check conducted on them.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.