Senior Software Engineer – SparX
As a Sr. Software Engineer on Staples’ SparX team located in San Jose, CA you will have the opportunity to impact the business in a meaningful way. You will have the freedom to innovate, solve interesting problems and influence in a fast paced, exciting environment. You will work with smart people who love to solve hard problems, and who not only expect, but also foster high performance. You will collaborate with SparX team members and other Staples colleagues to help Staples optimize our business and drive personalization for our customers. Staples has a culture of continued personal development and investing in our employees. Let’s build great apps together.
· Develop services that interact with SQL and NoSQL platforms.
· Follow standard development processes and best practice around source control, design/code reviews, and unit testing.
· Build and own your applications from development through operation in production.
· Work both independently and in close collaboration with others on the team.
· Communicate your progress regularly.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
· At least 3 years of professional experience and 2 years building production applications in Clojure , Ruby , Scala , Python or Java.
· Demonstrated ability developing web-based applications.
· Know how to access data and manipulate data from a variety of data sources (ex. Oracle, Couchbase, HIVE, MongoDB).
· Working in an Agile environment.
· Experience with common JS/CSS frameworks (JQuery, Bootstrap, AngularJS).
· Ability to write scripts in common scripting languages (Bash, Python, Perl).
· Experience with functional programming.
· Ability to learn quickly as you go.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Have a positive, can-do attitude.
SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.