Senior Manager IT
- Manage resource scheduling and task execution to plans and objectives. Maintain a high-level understanding of dependencies that could lead to scheduling risks.
- Follow departmental administrative procedures enabling quality management decisions based on concise data points.
- Ensure key departmental metrics are achieved assuring our technology commitment to operational excellence.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology, business processes and practices to continually improve applications and systems processes.
- Recruit and hire new associates. Provide supervision for direct reports including hired services contractors. Establish individual performance goals, review performance against goals and provide coaching for associate development. Plan and recommend salary increases, as appropriate.
- Provide management with analysis of current operational processes. Proactively makes recommendations to management on opportunities to apply systems technology to improve business process.
- Conceptualize, architect, implement, and use 99.99+% monitoring for micro services, across digital platforms using state of the art monitoring tools
- Architect & implement resilience plans. Work closely with development and infrastructure teams to implement and lead team to exercise as/if needed
- Define/determine proper KPIs to measure availability, performance, and quality of services across platforms.
- Improve, continuously, stability of services/platforms by proactively monitoring database/application exceptions, KPI deviations and API performance degradations and worked with engineering team to address them
- Reduce, continuously, costs across tools providers, 3rd party services by working closely with procurement to negotiate pricing and fees, while ensuring the continuation and enhancements of services
- Mentor, coach, and developed team members to increase their effectiveness as well as employee engagement
- Provide input into the long-range plans which may include requirements for hardware, software, and/or technical resources while protect current investments. Communicates with the business or other technology departments as it relates to these requirements.
- Provide input into annual cost center and project budgets. May manage spending against budget
- Ensure all areas of responsibility are fully operational, maintaining stability, reliability, and sustainability
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- 10-15 years related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to exercise insightful judgment
- Demonstrate global awareness
- Experience Managing basic projects
- Ability to influence others
- Excellent communication skills able to write and speak with impact
- Calm under pressure
- Self-starter, high-energy, with ability to execute on business objectives
- Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, data driven decision making and problem solving with attention to details
Knowledge or desire to learn: Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS), Solaris, iOS, Android, Windows
Knowledge or desire to learn: MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL, Couch base
Knowledge or desire to learn: Chef, Jenkins, DynaTrace, New Relic, AppDynamics, Datadog, SOASTA, Gatling, Selenium
Knowledge or desire to learn: Dust/Angular, Nodejs, Springboot, RxJava, Netflix Zuul, Electrode
Nginx, Apache http, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, ActiveMQ, Kafka
Cloud: MS Azure, AWS (VPC, EC2, S3, Route53, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, CloudFront, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, Cloudwatch)
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.